6.25.2009

Lovin' Every Minute of It!

Man! I was just looking at Sarah's blog and I saw off on the side of hers, that I have not blogged for 6 weeks! Sheesh! I don't quite know where to start. Let's see, in the last 6 weeks I went to Lagoon for the first time and had a super fun-filled day, a moustache party with funny pictures, a prom, a rodeo, and the zoo! The rest will get their own blogs because there is much more to say about them! SO first things first, the day after my last blog, I went to Lagoon for Jared's work party. He works with a lot of people we hang out with, so we had a pretty good fun group going. We left a little late, but still got there by like ten in the morning. Ok, so little side-tangent... right now my hair is kinda short and I hate wearing it curly at this length because I feel like I am right out of the 80's... so I straighten it just about every day. So, I straighten my hair before we left, knowing full well that it's going to get messed up because not only is Lagoon an amusement park, but it's also a water park. It was a little cloudy so I figured we'd wait till the afternoon when it got warmer before getting wet. Nope, the first ride went on was Rattlesnake Rapids... a "river" ride that involves plenty of water... and especially if you are sitting in just the right place at just the right time... which I was :o) Wellllll, there went my hair. We rode it a few times and then went wandering a bit before having lunch. After eating we decided to go to the water park Laguna Beach... I know, who goes to the beach right after eating lunch??? Yikes! Well, when we go there there were some of our friends there already and so we met up with them and had intended to play in the lazy river. Holy cow though, that water was freeeeezing cold. It would have been too cold to get into on a hot August day in AZ, much less May in Utah! I got in to my knees and the boys splashed me making me cold anyway so I went around the river with them once... and had my fill of it. The rest of the time I just relaxed out on the pool chairs nearby. We all did, and it was really nice and I could have fallen asleep except for applying and reapplying sunscreen to make sure I didn't get crispy. I like my skin, and I didn't have much of a base-tan at that point. About an hour before the pool area was closing we decided to beat the rush and go on some more roller coasters... the lines were long, but they were actually really fun. I have not been much of a roller coaster fan in my younger days, but I really enjoyed them! I'm cured! :o) We played for a few hours more and then we got hungry and left/ We went to outback, where all of us except Jared got fillets (he got a burger and fries... at Outback) and they tasted like Christmas! They are actually pretty reasonably priced there and that has been my favorite steak place since I had my first fillet there. That was pretty much it for the day, it was really fun!!!

A difference, of many, that I have noticed in the AZ/UT singles scene is this... in AZ people just like to get together in large groups and party till the cops come... which is absolutely a killer good time guaranteed! And also guaranteed to be filled with the same people you have seen at the last 50+ parties... but that means they are probably friends by that point so it's great! ...In UT, people like to congregate in smaller groups of 50 or so and have a party with a theme. I love themes, and I love small parties, and I think it's funny when people rave about how huge they are and how there is such an awesome turn out if 75 people show up. I am surprised by it though because I would have thought that this being a tight LDS town too, the singles would be like AZ. Anyway, both are super fun, it just depends on what mood I'm as to which I prefer. So, a couple months ago we went to a party where the theme was to dress up like a star. I think it was really supposed to be that you dress up as your favorite star... but I don't look like my favorite star... so dressing like her would have been useless... clothes don't make the star unless you're Marilyn Monroe or something like that. So... I was Lindsay Lohan. I am told I look like her a lot when I have straight hair. I looked up some pictures of her online before getting ready... She could be really cute if she'd be a little more normal and a little more natural. The super skinny druggie look is not only so last season... but totally nasty! So, I did my eyebrows thicker and dark and caked on the powder bronzer, just on my face and chest... as I noticed that she does... and dressed in her most conservative style that would be obviously her. I met up with everyone at Jared's house. He was going as Johnny Depp, Devin was M. Night Shamalayan, Ashley was Heather Graham, and Kim was totally my BFF Paris Hilton! But that was super fun then, and this is fun too, now. This party I just went to was a moustache party. Yeah... I know huh. For some reason people actually participate in the heinous and detestable 'Moustache March' and 'Moustache May' Ew.... so gross. I mean, maybe it's just me, but I think they look horrid! These boys grow out these totally gross moustaches and parade them around for a couple months like... well like I don't know what, all I know is they look sick... and by that I mean I want to vomit... as completely opposed to sic. :o) So my friend Brian invited me to go and I flatly refused it. No way was I going to a party encouraging gross facial hair, and furthermore that's the least appealing idea that's been presented to me in I don't know how long, but there was absolutely no way, I'd definitely rather stay home and go to bed early than ever even consider... hmmm.... unlessssss.... Ok... never mind... I'm a girl, I'm allowed to change my mind on a whim after such a decided rant... I said I'd only go if I had one to wear too. Ok then, that'll be no problem... so I got one, and went. It was actually kinda fun, because most of the people there had one and the silly fake ones kinda outnumbered the nasty real ones.
A lot of the girls wore fake ones and we had a BBQ, dancing, and karaoke. Inside we did a quick photo shoot... a family picture theme. It was funny to see a little baby, just a few weeks old with the nose, glasses and stash. Gladly, and against my first notion about it, it was a good time... and you know how I love those!

I have met some fabulous new girls in my ward from visiting teaching. They are good, fun girls, who love a lot of the same things I do. So, the first thing we all did as a group, was go to the Prom! It was called a Second Chance Prom and on the flier it said it was for people who didn't get to take their spouse to their high school prom (I only know of 2 people who did). This guy Ryan and I had been talking about going on a date where we get all dressed up and go do whatever, but we had been having some scheduling issues. This came along and we both had the day off, so it was the Perfect opportunity for it! And with new friends! So we got all dressed up... I wore the dress I made for Kanani's wedding, and he rented a tux. I told him I was wearing blue and he put blue in his hair... which you couldn't really see unless you were at the right angle, but I liked it. He got me a corsage too. :o) Anyway, so we went to dinner first at a yummy little eatery, and then met up at the Apollo Dance Hall. We got there just in time to sign up for the raffle and I won a prize!!! It was kinda funny... I won a $150 gift certificate to have some laser lipo something or other done!!! Me! Well, that's good, I know of some problem areas that will be very grateful. Anyhoo, then we danced almost every dance for the rest of the night! It was lots of fun, and the dresses were lovely! I have to say, I really love the dress I wore. I made it so that when I kneel down the dress with spread out in a perfect circle around me... and that made it just wonderful for twirling. I really love to twirl! Anyway, so we had a fabulous time! They played a lot of oldies type songs which was really fun because everyone knows them and not only can dance to them however, but can sing along to them too! So, after several hours of fun, I still got home fairly early, considering. I had to work the next day. What fun huh??? Oh, and I just noticed that in all of these pictures I was barefoot. I really wore shoes, but my feet only last 3 hours in heels... and then I took them off. It made me really really tiny next to 6'3" Ryan!

Just this last weekend I went to the famous Lehi Roundup Rodeo! Apparently it's the biggest rodeo in the area. It was pretty fun. Oh, kinda as another side tangent about my hair... I've been really having issues lately about what to do with the bangs I recently created. I wanted a change, and now I've got it, but I'm not quite settled on exactly how I'm going to sport them... so it's a good thing they are at a fairly versatile length. So, I decided to try out a different way to wear them... tell me what you think of it. So, Jared, Jesse, and I rode together to the rodeo and we got there pretty early and still had to walk a ways to get there. I wore those blasted boots that give me a maximum of what, 15 minutes sitting, and my feet were about to fall off by the time I got to my seat. Oh, but speaking of what I wore... my favorite part was my monstrous belt buckle that is so ostentatious that I can only rarely wear it. It was funny... even if only to me. So, anyhoo, on the way there we were momentarily held up by the train... which I think only added to the whole 'country' thing, I mean really, where and when in time did people wear cowboy hats and boots and absurd amounts of plaid in every color??? Back in the day when trains roamed the Earth :o) So, it was kinda cool to be standing so close to it as it rushed on by. So, moving along, we found our seats and had some time to kill.... so we took some pictures. I ran into a guy from AZ I know so we chatted a bit and then I was doing my lip liner and Jared laughs and pulls out his guy liner... and we took a pic. We are so opposite.... or maybe so similar... hmm. Anyway, shortly the rodeo started and it was a really good heart-warming experience as the colors were raised, some younger veterans were present who had lost limbs in the war, and the Star-Spangled Banner was sung. Then, about ten minutes later it started to sprinkle so the three of us put on our white trash ponchos... which coincidentally the MC guy was at that time mocking for being so-o-o-o ummmm "Alabama backwoods" :o) But the rain was getting harder and the wind too, and June isn't really very warm here when it's overcast. I didn't bring a jacket because well I'm used to warm air and warm rain and warm wind. Oh well. I lost a couple pounds probably as I shivered half to death until the rain let up about an hour later. Everybody around us was soaked! So much for all those cute fun outfits! Oh! Speaking of cute things!!! I think every hott single guy in the entire Utah County was sitting near me! Where on Earth are they under normal circumstances??? Jeepers! Anyway, the rodeo was pretty fun, we saw some pretty cool riding and some stuff i didn't even know cowboys do! For instance... why would a cowboy throw himself off his horse and onto a calf in order to grab his horns and flip him onto his back??? Isn't that what roping was invented for? Either way it was quite entertaining to watch. Then at about the 3/4 part, they set up some ramps and had some motor-cross type stunts for a bit... which were quite fab as well. :o) Funny thing about that though... it reminded me of the movie 'Hot Rod'... it was quite comical. But they did some really cool tricks and it was a good time! Gee, I really do have a lot of those! :o)

So THEN!!!!... The next day I went to the zoo! My friend Nikki invited me and when I got to her house I met Dan (in the plaid) and John (in the brown). The four of us went to the store to get some treats and then got some real food too. Then we went to the zoo... the long, getting lost way, and when we got there we played a bit until Skip (in white) got there. So then it was the five of us and we hit it off very well together! All of us love fun, and we sure had a bunch of it! Before Skip got there we decided we were going to speak in any kind of accent the whole time and when Skip got there he picked up his Australian accent as though he were born there. We all spoke in our accents for most of the whole time we were there! We tried on some safari hats and some animal head hat things and found some meerkat masks and played around a while before ever seeing the first animal. We were all having so much fun that nobody really minded! First we went to this Madagascar exhibit thing and saw some turtles and nasty-sick-and-wrong hissing cockroaches, and some other stuff, then we went and saw the monkeys. There were lots of different kinds, and it was kinda funny, when we came to one cage, there were four of them laying in the sun. One of them was just lazing about, another was sleeping all curled up in a cute little ball, and the other two, theother two were off spooning! I thought it was one big one at first, but then I saw a little hand gently caressing the other one's back, just lazily petting it. :o) It was too funny! Then we went on to see the elephants, and they were cute too. The boy elephant was reaching up with his trunck to get hay out of the basket, and when he did, lots would fall on the ground. and then the girl would sweep her trunk along the ground and pick up what fell so they both ate, she didn't have to reach up, and it stayed clean! :o) Then we saw the rhinos, and the first one we came upon was piddling... it must have a five gallon bladder at least! We stopped to take some pictures on this statue of the rhino... and I left my purse on the ground behind it! Luckily, I live in Utah and I found it hours later, safely at customer service. A little later we came to the giraffes. I never had much of an affinity to giraffes before, but they are soooo cute and gentle and have such loooong thick eyelashes! I think they were definitely my favorite for the day! We saw lots of animals though. Other than what I already said, we also saw a kangaroo, alligators, bears, penguins, and lots and lots more! Then afterwards, Skip and Dan had stuff to do so they left, and John, Nikki, and I went to my roomie, Carlee's family's house for their huge annual pig roast, which was very yummy!

4 comments:

  1. you are so cute and fun! And I LOVE the part about the hot guys at the rodeo! If I wasn't married I would go to the rodeos just to look for guys!!! ;)

    Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that was a lot! And about the bangs at the rodeo... its a no for me. You look like your mom. hahaha. Anyway looks like your life is full of adventure! Love you. Peace out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha you do look like Lindsey Lohan in those pics! I've been told I look like her before to! It has been awhile though since I've been told that! I don't think I do though! It must be the red hair;) I'm sure you know how that is to! I swear some people seem to think if you're a red head you look like someone else that has red hair even if you don't look like them! I guess it's ok to be told that if they are attractive right?! What can ya do! Looks like you had fun at the zoo! I have not been to that zoo for YEARS! And btw you sport bangs great! But I'm also biased, I like bangs! Not everyone looks good with them or can pull them off! But they look cute on you! Don't be surprised if you try growing them out and than cut them again! it takes a bit to get use to having them! It honestly took me a couple of times cutting and growing and cutting again until I finally got use to them and I love having them! They are fun to have! Anyway,you look very cute with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im going private, just a heads up. I have your email so i can keep you on okay!

    ReplyDelete