9.17.2010

Big Sky Montana

A few weeks ago, I went to Montana. I had five days off in a row and was dying to go surfing in California. Somehow I ended up in Montana. I'm really glad though... things always turn out well. It was so beautiful, and relaxing, and I didn't have to do anything but whatever I wanted. I traveled with a guy I have been seeing named Austin, and we stayed with my dear friend Marilyn, and her husband, Patrick. We drove up Thursday, and back Tuesday. Montana is beautiful country, but I don't think I'm supposed to say anything about it because the preference is for it to stay beautiful... and small town. So don't move there! ;o) The big fair was in town, and with it came the big rodeos. We went to two rodeos, and there ate delicious food, ate huckleberry ice cream, drank huckleberry lemonade, and played some games. I won an adorable little unicorn I named MoonBeam. One word, like Mom's name, with two capitals. I won her at a game of "Throw 3 balls and knock down 3 pins". I had to play it twice to get her, and between them was told the secret of how to throw hard and straight. The woman told me to think of a guy I was mad at, and viola!!! MoonBeam is mine! I won some other toys too, but didn't know what to do with them so I gave them to a little girl I passed. Marilyn, Patrick, Austin, and I went on some beautiful excursions where we saw wonderful things. We went to the river... which I really wanted to get into. There we saw osprey riding the wind, a beaver swimming circles in the river, a Bald Eagle chasing a wayward osprey out of his territory (Ahem America...), and some trout coming toward the surface at feeding time. We saw lots of animals the 4H kids had raised. That is such a great program, in my opinion. We went to another river and saw geese osprey, and Marilyn gave me an eagle's feather she found. She says it gives courage. I fell in the river, but I must say, cold spring water dipped straight from the source was sure lovely, and tasted very good. Marilyn said the water there is very close to perfect that way. Speaking of, or hosts were perfectly delightful! Marilyn made such delicious meals for us, and let us have fruit from her trees and garden. We went on a delightful hike up the mountain we were on, and when we reached to top I climbed a mossy tree that wouldn't have been scary but for the wind blowing so hard. I got to sleep in every day till ten, and one day, Austin brought me breakfast in bed! Oh, it was such a delightful trip I wanted to stay another four or five days!

























1 comment:

  1. What an amazing adventure your life has been. At least you know that you can move on and there will be someone AMAZING for you out there. So does this mean you are moving?

    ReplyDelete