1.04.2012

The Man with the Glorious Mane

There is a rumor going around that I really like men with long hair. Hahaha... just kidding, it's a known fact that I couldn't deny if I even tried. But why would I try? I really do! Hi, I'm Chelyse and I like men with long hair. Kinda long, really long, mostly short but not, curly long, wavy long, straight long. I often find myself doing double-takes when the guy isn't even close enough to really see his face! I have a problem... but I'm quite certain it's one I have no intention of getting over :o) But... there is a limit. That's what this post is about. I have had several occurrences lately that have made me analyze this attraction of mine as of late. There are more than a few people who wonder at how I could possibly be attracted to every long-haired man that passes into my field of vision. Well... here goes.

Let me start by saying that I'm not at all opposed to men having short hair. I'm quite perfectly content to date men with short hair, so long as it's long enough to put my fingers through. There are plenty of men who pull off short hair perfectly fine...and do. Some celebs that are easy to picture, with both long and short hair, are Matthew McConaughey, Leonardo DiCaprio, Orlando Bloom, Ashton Kutcher, Taylor Laughtner, Johnny Depp, that Jonas Brother, and David Beckham to name only a very few. I have to say though that in every case they look better with longer hair. With the only exception being (in my opinion) Taylor Lautner with his Twilight long hair... I think it looks like a wig.

First things first, a handsome man is obviously fantastic... but a handsome man with long hair... is way more attractive (haha, it doesn't hurt him to have incredible eyes too) Facial features make all the difference to me when it really comes down to it... it cannot be just the hair. This one is a gem!


As I was saying, a man with long hair... even great long hair, isn't for sure going to be attractive... though I am going to admire his hair... without question. His face could cancel him out in attractiveness quicker than anything. The thing is too, often times guys don't take care of their hair and it ends up looking mangy and disastrous. Because of that, I think that on some level I associate a man with good hair to be a man who takes care of himself. If his hair is beautiful he probably puts some quite reasonable effort into the rest of himself too. Otherwise it would be long, but not nice looking. Even if he's not particularly gorgeous, it's great when anybody tries to look the best they can, and I do like that.


















Mom doesn't get it. She says, "How come you like men who look feminine? No, no, no, that's not it at all! There are plenty of men in this world who have long hair and they succeed in not looking feminine, it's more like a lion with a massive mane to me. How is a mane femine? It says something about being wild, free, uninhibited, and strength in the way he sees himself. There is definitely a difference between handsome manly long hair like his...


And men with long hair, who look like women. Not that I would say that Andrej Pejic isn't beautiful in his own right... just beautiful like a woman. I think he's fascinating, and delightful, but not attractive per se. His face is just too... feminine. That being said, I know of a certain blond girl in Texas with a stronger jawline than his, so maybe that's a bad example. She's probably just not quite as "northern European" as Andrej. He certainly does have great bone structure, and a lovely straight
nose. This was the most manly picture of him I could find, but I think it illustrates my point... femine... not attractive as a 'man with long hair'


Some men look awesome with wild long hair... and it's a particular favorite of mine. I know, he as a person is not a favorite for a lot of people, but I think he looks Awesome... especially in this movie. Also, I really dig his accent and attitude. I know, I know, call me crazy for it, but I'm SO ok with that.


Speaking of perfection in long hair, I just have to mention the only one of these men that I have met personally... the ultimate. The man who became who he is from his long hair and out of this world good looks. Yes, Fabio. Not only is he a legend in his own right, but when I met him he was also very engaging and personable, a delightful conversationalist, doesn't intimidate, and has no problem speaking to you from 8 inches from your face... and I didn't mind one bit either. He is the kind of man that melts you down to your shoes with his blue eyes staring intently at your very soul, but simultaneously makes you so comfortable you feel like he's known you forever... and makes you want to stay there forever. He's the kind of guy that listens to what you are saying when a line is forming of cameras... and then he asks 4 more questions. I have always loved dating men whom others nickname Fabio, but let me say, the real deal is in an entire class of his own. No man I've ever encountered is like him. Honestly, no man comes near.
















Some men look perfectly delectable even when they put their long hair up so it looks weird... (like I said, the hair just makes it better) I like when guys get it out of the way in any way other than a ponytail. Just because that ruins it so much. And Zac Efron, I mean, I have always favored the dark hair with blue eyes combo even in short hair so how could I resist this boy with longer hair? He's another one that could do no wrong with it.


So, yes, I do like men with long hair... I think I always have. I'm certain I always will. But, I must say... there are some men with long hair that should really just... not. Really. I know, surprising coming from me... but let's be realistic. Some guys want to jump on the long hair bandwagon because it's hot right now, or because puts the finishing touch on the particular look they want, or it's easier not to get a haircut, or it puts them outside the 'box' of social norms (haha... no it doesn't) or whatever their reason is. A couple words to them. Know your limits. PLEASE. Some guys are not cut out for long hair... I've known a few who have grown it because I make no secret of how much I like it, and I have to just say... it's not for everyone... not even hott everyone. Take this guy for instance... handsome, definitely. But whoa, his hair is completely killing his look. He would look a hundred thousand times better with short hair. Someone should tell him. I would...


Another one, and back to the idea of grooming playing a role in having great hair and whatnot. Dreadlocks. I'm gonna look, and I'm probably going to like too. But from a distance. A guy with amazing dreads is someone whose hair I'll admire, and I will secretly wish he would take me away to the drum circle on the full moon. Really though, in an everyday practical kind of way, I only like it because of the lifestyle full of carefree abandon that it represents to me. There is a part of me that is full-blown hippie and loves the colors swirling to the sound of bongo drums... so love it. But, I know it can't possibly smell good, and it can't possbly be anything reminiscent of soft, silky, and touchable. Oh, and don't ask me to touch it. It does not matter how unbelieveably beautiful the man is... I won't do it. I just like the idea of them... in my mind... that's all.


Along those same lines, when a good thing becomes a bad thing, there's too much of it. I know a guy with absolutely A-Ma-Zing hair. His hair fairly rivaled the best I'd ever seen. And I always told him so. Everyone did. He was obviously told he had amazing long hair a few too many times... and it went to his head. :o) He let it grow and grow and grow until he was always wearing it in a ponytail because that was the only way it was out of his face and manageable. He liked the attention, but completely stopped giving it to his hair. The ponytails and lack of general care gave him really bad split ends. The gorgeous and coveted mane of gold became ratty and disheveled looking. The change in his hair totally changed his whole look from youthful and comparable to a greek god, to old... and strangely awkward looking. That isn't even to mention how a constant ponytail kills the beautiful natural wave in hair. Careful boys, beauty fades for you too, and such is life. Keep in mind, men with gorgeous long hair,... too much is too much and can just ruin the whole thing...


And those are my thoughts on the fabulous phenomenon of the maned man.

19 comments:

  1. thats cool that you like guys with long hair. I should send you a pic of me so you can put on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot :D. I Realy needed to have an opinion about this. So, you for sharing yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with every word. The first man is incredibly...ridiculously STUNNING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know i thought it was just me ; men with long hair have a tendency to turn me on too. As far as your views it was as if you were reading my mind :) oh, and uh, about that first guy ...OMG who IS he? Simply looking at him gives me butterflies ... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Sometimes I feel that way too, but this particular blog post gets hundreds of hits a week and most of them from people who google "handsome long haired men" or something to that effect. We are NOT alone :o)

      Delete
  5. Dear God... Hahaha I got here from looking for long haired men on google because I needed a good pic for a post... And OMG! You just read my mind! Sometimes I want to slap myself in the face, because I realize that a man with long hair has 100% more chances to get into my life than a short haired one.
    It's just that, if I'm at a party in any place, like a club or just a friend's house, five men come talk to me, and there is a single long haired man in the entire room, nobody gets attention untill I get to talk to that guy hahaha. It's a bit unfair to everyone else, but un[?]fortunately it's true.
    I just don't know what happens in my head. I LOVE, I STARE, I GET HIGH from long haired man. Just that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juliana, you and I are OBVIOUSLY soul sisters! Hahaha! I do the same thing EVERYWHERE!

      Delete
    2. Girl >.> how do I get to add you anywhere? You're totally my soul sister! Hahahaha!

      Delete
    3. I think I'm probably the only Chelyse Henderson on Facebook... so that would be easy! If there's more than one, I'm the redhead that lives in Pleasant Grove, UT. ...For anyone else reading this, just send me a message so I know you are coming from my blog, otherwise I probably won't add you... unless you are a guy who has that Glorious Mane ;o)

      Delete
  6. i happen to be a guy with long hair and i love myself for it :D
    cheers from malaysia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, lots of cheers for you! :o)Thanks for making the world a more beautiful place!

      Delete
  7. GOOGLE Rob Ashton. You will never be the same!
    I have several pics of him with his long hair.
    He was a Romance cover model. Also a Chippendale
    dancer at one point. This man is absolutely amazing.
    Sadly, he passed away due to a complication from surgery
    and just SHOCKED us all. He was only 36 years old. Look
    him up, please. Thank you..And I too feel the same as you
    do. Can't help it! :)♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. who is that hottie on the first picture? he is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the famous model Theo Theodoridis (he's currently serving 18 years in jail because of drug trafficking).

      Delete
  9. The guy in the first picture is the greek model, Teo Theodoridis. He's actually in prison at the moment for drug smuggling.

    ReplyDelete